Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Wish list for my dream concert experience

I don't have a specific artist in mind; but I'd just LOVE to experience this dream (vocal/ instrumental) concert sometime. And I'm restricting myself here to the standard concert format- I could come up with other wish lists for other concert formats, but one's enough for now.

1. Maathe - Dharu Varnam - Khamas, Adi
2. Shankaram Abhirami - Kamalamanohari - Rupakam (swaram)
3. Ranjani Niranjani - Ranjani - Adi (ragam, swaram)
4. Chittam irangaadhenaiyya - Sahana - Khanda Chapu
5. Pirava varam thaarum - Latangi - Adi (ragam, neraval, swaram)
6. Niravatisukha - Ravichandrika - Adi
7. Inta sowkhya - Kapi - Adi (ragam, neraval, swaram)
8. RTP Nalinakanthi with swaras in Bahudhari, Hamsanadam, Valaji, Nattakurinji, Varamu, Behag.... you get the idea :P
9. Entha muddho - Bindumalini - Adi
10. Aliveni - Kurunji - Mishra Chapu
11. Thillana - Rageshri - Adi
12. Mangalam


4 comments:

vidhya said...

Would be nice to hear you sing these raagas.. They are clearly your signature picks and can already hear your voice :-)

Sindhuja Bhakthavatsalam said...

:) Thanks, both of you!
I of course also dream of singing these some day myself- though I wish it was as easy to fulfill dreams as having them!

Sindhuja Bhakthavatsalam said...

A Nalinakanthi RTP by Gayathri Venkataraghavan that made me very happy:

http://www.sangeethapriya.org/Downloads/gayathrivenkat/10_RTP_NALINAKANTHI_23.8_MB.mp3

Unknown said...

You should listen to Shankaram abhirami and Ranjani Niranjani songs sung by Balaji Shankar ! Out of the world ! You should also listen to his album "Songs by Muthuswamy Dikshitar". I sometimes play them in do loop (ok, for loop)